Welcome to Micro SaaS Insider — the free version. We analyze deals and use Moneyball tactics to discover undervalued, mispriced, and hidden gem micro saas products for sale.
This issue doesn’t have as much detail as the paid version, but we still try to make it valuable for you.
Today, we’re looking at a SaaS business created to help build the culture and improve productivity of remote companies and employees.
Why remote work & culture?
So we’re not sure if you’ve heard of this little called Covid? Apparently it’s a big deal.
Yes, life is getting back to normal. And you can debate all you want how much Covid has changed specific behavior.
But one thing is for sure: Covid has unquestionably permanently shifted the work culture across the developed world.
Although many companies are coming back to office, plenty are staying either fully remote or taking a hybrid approach. All of these remote employees means means culture building has become a) much more difficult, and b) increasingly important.
Team building activities were hard, awkward experiences before Covid. Now, it’s essential that companies get this right.
Google’s search volume shows remote work remains highly elevated.
While global search volume remains relatively stable, interestingly, search volume in the United States has been steadily increasing since May 2021.
However, the US is actually not #1 in search queries for this topic. It’s 2nd, and there are multiple countries that are very close behind.
What’s Kaapi all about?
Kaapi.team is a team bonding application to help boost employee morale, play engaging, team-building activities, and run better meetings.
The site is 1.5 years, birthed in April 2020, shortly after many countries started to shut down. It was founded by 2 people, both of whom work on the business part time. There are no other employees.
Traffic has been increasing dramatically the past few months, but comes from a diverse set of sources.
- 1.5 years old (Founded April 2020)
- $11,500 TTM profit
- $11,931 TTM revenue
- $14,256 ARR (good growth vs TTM)
- Asking price of $70,000 (6.1x annual net profit, 4.9x annual revenue)
Strengths, Weaknesses, and Opportunities
- Profitable with increasing MRR
- Diverse set of traffic sources and increasing traffic
- Growing niche that will continue in popularity
- CLV and other KPIs are not clear, due to poor tracking and a large sales channel
- Competitive space that will likely continue to see more competition. Competitors include Teambuilding.com and Quizbreaker,
- Scale enterprise sales. Lots of opportunity here. Hire a commission-based B2B sales manager to generate more sales
- Create an affiliate program. Could distract from SaaS revenue, but could also provide a nice secondary stream of revenue.
Recommendation & Outlook
Other sites we looked at
Here are some other sites we looked at that we didn’t like quite as much.
- Listing Price: $124,000
- $72K USD TTM Revenue
- $27.6K USD TTM Profit
- Primary competitor: Mailtrak
- Listing Price: $164,486
- $143,772 USD TTM Revenue
- $40,284 USD TTM Profit
- Sku Count: 2
- Has Trademark
Due Diligence + Negotiation Service
Remember to do full due diligence before purchasing any saas business.
Stefan created Flippa’s Due Diligence program, and we offer a due diligence and negotiation service to help you buy the perfect saas product at the optimal price.